High Alert Insulin Bin
Product SKU: 17261
- Includes one Stop Potential Double Check Label and two High Alert Insulin Labels. Additional labels are sold separately (#2079).
- This highly visible Red storage bin requires two action steps for picking insulin from the refrigerator: 1.) Read the warning labels on outside of bin and 2.) Lift the lid to retrieve insulin vial, both requiring staff to stop and think about whether they are picking the correct product.
- Distinct appearance differentiates the bin and high risk insulins from other insulins and supply bins; therefore eliminating potential medication errors during storage and dispensing.
- High Alert Insulin and Stop Potential Error Double Check labels are highly noticeable for the person picking the insulin from the refrigerator.
- Lid and labeling serve as a que for the health care professional to read and verify before using.
- Designed to help eliminate picking the wrong insulin from the refrigerator and accidentally administering without verifying the name, type, etc.
- Use to draw attention to bottles, boxes, and labels that look alike and insulins that have names that sound the same or very similar.
- Recent JCAHO inspections have focused on medication errors surrounding insulin storage and dispensing. The High Alert Insulin Bin will serve as a safe storage solution.
- Clear lid allows bin contents to remain visible
- Accommodates a 10 pack of insulin vials
- Allow us to customize labels to meet your medication management needs! Additional bin colors and label options are available. Contact our Customer Service Department.
- Are you interested in just labels? Label sets are available for various other tasks. Sets include ten Stop Potential Error Double Check labels and twenty High Alert Insulins labels.
- The High Alert Insulin Bin will accommodate a sleeve of 10 individual packages of insulin from major insulin manufacturers.
- Dimensions: 10-7/8”L x 4-1/8”W x 4”H
- Due to this unit having a lid it will not accommodate the #1968 Dividers.